23 December, 2010
For this brief I was asked to create a final piece to show off what we have learnt in the first semester of year 2. I decided to create 3 folded leaflets. I decided to section each leaflet by categories (Typography & Hierarchy, Format & Grids, and Image & Scale) All 3 of the leaflets were then presented in a slip case which can be unfolded and put back together.
09 December, 2010
I decided against the triangular logo as people mistook it for the all seeing eye, or for a cult logo, but I liked the style so I just changed the shape to a circle.
Check out my website by clicking the logo below, or by going to www.garyndesign.com
03 December, 2010
28 November, 2010
My final piece for the collection in a square format, with an embossed case. I will hopefully re-do this, with a spiral bind to compliment the contents of the catalogue, but besides that I'm very happy with the outcome.
13 November, 2010
During my free time, I have been thinking of designing my own typeface, and for some strange reason I have decided to start with designing the 0-9 numbers. What do you guys think? Reckon i should continue and design the alphabet? Or scrap it and try a new one? Also, is there anything you would like me to change with the numbers shown?
29 October, 2010
For this project we were asked to design a leaflet for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. I decided to take inspiration from the London Underground tube map to create a clear navigation through the leaflet, as well as integrating the map while still keeping the flow. I really enjoyed this project, and I'm extremely happy with the outcome.
17 October, 2010
15 October, 2010
We were asked to design a 2 page spread which represented the style of a chosen designer, so I researched Vince Frost, and implemented his style of closely kerned, sans serif typography to create a very noticble typographic hierarchy.
13 October, 2010
To begin the academic year, and to get back into the swing of things, we were given a starter brief to design 8 double page spreads, by using existing images and text cut out from magazines - however, we had to place the objects within certain restrictions.